ContraVir Pharmaceuticals Inc (Nasdaq:CTRV)
June 13th, 2019
With markets going up ContraVir Pharmaceuticals Inc closed Thursday up 27.17%, a $2.16 increase to close on $10.11. ContraVir Pharmaceuticals Inc bounced 60.17% between high and low. The stock continues to trade well at 110.63% of its 52 week low of $4.80. Two technical ‘scores’ for companies to be wary of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. CTRV scored quite low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is -19.02, and the Piotroski Score is 1).
CTRV outperformed the rest of the Healthcare sector which went down -0.11% today.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Energy saw the biggest increase of the day (1.25%), while the Healthcare sector saw the biggest drop (-0.11%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain of 23.06%.
Utilities saw the biggest turn-around compared to its 5-day performance (-0.31%), as it went up by 0.15%. Healthcare saw a turn-around from its 5-day performance of 2.18% trading down -0.11%.
- Energy, up 1.25%.
- Communication Services, up 1.14%.
- Consumer Discretionary, up 0.90%.
- Materials, up 0.58%.
- Industrials, up 0.54%.
- Financials, up 0.23%.
- Information Technology, up 0.22%.
- Utilities, up 0.15%.
- Consumer Staples, up 0.11%.
- Real Estate, up 0.09%.
- Healthcare, down -0.11%.
ContraVir Pharmaceuticals Inc Info
ContraVir Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development of pleiotropic drug therapy for the treatment of chronic liver diseases in the United States. It is involved in developing CRV431, a cyclophilin inhibitor that has completed the Phase I clinical trials for multiple biochemical pathways involved in the progression of liver diseases; and TXL, a lipid acyclic nucleoside phosphonate that delivers high intracellular concentrations of the active antiviral agent tenofovir diphosphate for the treatment of Hepatitis B. The company was incorporated in 2013 and is headquartered in Edison, New Jersey.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that ContraVir Pharmaceuticals Inc’s score is -19.02) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (ContraVir Pharmaceuticals Inc’s score is 1), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.