Adynxx Inc (Nasdaq:ADYX)
June 12th, 2019
Amidst falling markets Adynxx Inc fell ($2.33) Wednesday, down 39.23%, closing at $3.61. Adynxx Inc bounced 66.57% between high and low. Two technical ‘scores’ for companies to be wary of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. ADYX scored rather low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is 0.00, and the Piotroski Score is 2). Despite the drop in value, trading volumes were solid at 1,117.00% of normal which can indicate investor opportunities.
ADYX was outperformed by the rest of the Healthcare sector which went up 0.51%.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (1.33%), while the Energy sector saw the biggest drop (-1.44%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain of 23.06%.
Utilities saw the biggest turn-around compared to its 5-day performance (-0.31%), as it went up by 1.33%. Energy and Financials experienced turn-arounds from their five day positive performances with Energy dropping -1.44%.
- Utilities, up 1.33%.
- Healthcare, up 0.51%.
- Materials, up 0.31%.
- Real Estate, up 0.26%.
- Industrials, up 0.20%.
- Consumer Staples, up 0.04%.
- Consumer Discretionary, down -0.11%.
- Communication Services, down -0.28%.
- Information Technology, down -0.58%.
- Financials, down -0.95%.
- Energy, down -1.44%.
Adynxx Inc Info
Adynxx, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses to market various therapeutics for the treatment of pain and inflammatory diseases. It is involved in the development of AYX platform of transcription factor decoys, including the initiation of two Phase II studies of brivoligide, its lead product candidate for postoperative pain. The company was founded in 2007 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Adynxx Inc’s score is 0.00) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Adynxx Inc’s score is 2), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.