MOTIF BIO PLC/S ADR (Nasdaq:MTFB)
June 13th, 2019
Amidst rising markets MOTIF BIO PLC/S ADR finished Thursday’s trading session down 4.34%, a ($0.04) decrease to close on $0.95. As well as the drop in value, MOTIF BIO PLC/S ADR hit a new 52 week low of $0.90. Two technical ‘scores’ for stocks to be aware of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. MTFB scored rather low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is -11.97, and the Piotroski Score is 1).
MTFB was outperformed by the rest of the Healthcare sector which went down only -0.11%.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Energy saw the biggest increase of the day (1.25%), while the Healthcare sector saw the biggest drop (-0.11%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain of 23.06%.
Utilities saw the biggest turn-around compared to its 5-day performance (-0.31%), as it went up by 0.15%. Healthcare saw a turn-around from its 5-day performance of 2.18% trading down -0.11%.
- Energy, up 1.25%.
- Communication Services, up 1.14%.
- Consumer Discretionary, up 0.90%.
- Materials, up 0.58%.
- Industrials, up 0.54%.
- Financials, up 0.23%.
- Information Technology, up 0.22%.
- Utilities, up 0.15%.
- Consumer Staples, up 0.11%.
- Real Estate, up 0.09%.
- Healthcare, down -0.11%.
MOTIF BIO PLC/S ADR Info
Motif Bio plc, a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, develops and commercializes pharmaceutical formulations in the United States. The company develops novel antibiotics for the treatment of serious and life-threatening infections caused by multi-drug resistant bacteria. Its lead product candidate is iclaprim, a novel antibiotic for the treatment of acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections. The company has an agreement with the Otto-von-Guericke University to conduct a study on toxoplasma chorioretinitis, an orphan disease that is a type of ocular toxoplasmosis, a parasitic disease. Motif Bio plc was incorporated in 2014 and is based in New York, New York.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that MOTIF BIO PLC/S ADR’s score is -11.97) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (MOTIF BIO PLC/S ADR’s score is 1), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.