FuelCell Energy Inc (Nasdaq:FCEL)
June 11th, 2019
Amidst falling markets FuelCell Energy Inc finished Tuesday’s trading session down 8.32%, a ($0.04) decrease to close on $0.40. As well as the drop in value, FuelCell Energy Inc hit a new 52 week low of $0.38. FuelCell Energy Inc bounced 21.05% between high and low. Two technical ‘scores’ for companies to be wary of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. FCEL scored rather low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is -4.30, and the Piotroski Score is 1).
FCEL was outperformed by the rest of the Industrials sector which went down just -0.90%.
The market sectors were mixed Tuesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Consumer Staples saw the biggest increase of the day (0.41%), while the Industrials sector saw the biggest drop (-0.90%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain of 23.75%.
Industrials and Utilities experienced turn-arounds from their five day positive performances with Industrials dropping -0.90%.
- Consumer Staples, up 0.41%.
- Consumer Discretionary, up 0.33%.
- Communication Services, up 0.29%.
- Real Estate, up 0.18%.
- Energy, up 0.12%.
- Information Technology, up 0.02%.
- Financials, stayed even 0.00%.
- Materials, down -0.07%.
- Healthcare, down -0.25%.
- Utilities, down -0.69%.
- Industrials, down -0.90%.
FuelCell Energy Inc Info
FuelCell Energy, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, sells, installs, operates, and services stationary fuel cell power plants for distributed power generation. The company offers SureSource product line based on carbonate fuel cell technology in various configurations, including on-site power, utility grid support, distributed hydrogen, and micro-grid, as well as multi-megawatt applications; and SureSource Recovery power plants for natural gas pipeline applications. It also provides SureSource Capture system that separates carbon dioxide from the flue gases of natural gas, biomass, or coal-fired power plants, as well as industrial facilities; and SureSource Storage, an energy storage solution. The company’s SureSource power plants generate electricity and usable heat for commercial, industrial, government and utility customers. It serves various markets, such as utilities and independent power producers, industrial and process applications, education and health care, data centers and communication, wastewater treatment, government, and commercial and hospitality. The company primarily operates in the United States, South Korea, England, Germany, Canada, and Spain. FuelCell Energy, Inc. was founded in 1969 and is headquartered in Danbury, Connecticut.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that FuelCell Energy Inc’s score is -4.30) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (FuelCell Energy Inc’s score is 1), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.