Chaparral Energy Inc (NYSE:CHAP)
June 12th, 2019
Amidst falling markets Chaparral Energy Inc fell ($0.30) Wednesday which equals a 8.50% drop, closing at $3.23. As well as the drop in value, Chaparral Energy Inc hit a new 52 week low of $3.22, breaking the previous low of $3.44 from earlier this month. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.15.
CHAP was outperformed by the rest of the Energy sector which went down only -1.44%.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (1.33%), while the Energy sector saw the biggest drop (-1.44%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain of 23.06%.
Utilities saw the biggest turn-around compared to its 5-day performance (-0.31%), as it went up by 1.33%. Energy and Financials both saw turn-arounds from their five day positive performances with Energy dropping -1.44%.
- Utilities, up 1.33%.
- Healthcare, up 0.51%.
- Materials, up 0.31%.
- Real Estate, up 0.26%.
- Industrials, up 0.20%.
- Consumer Staples, up 0.04%.
- Consumer Discretionary, down -0.11%.
- Communication Services, down -0.28%.
- Information Technology, down -0.58%.
- Financials, down -0.95%.
- Energy, down -1.44%.
Chaparral Energy Inc Info
Chaparral Energy, Inc. engages in the acquisition, exploration, development, production, and operation of onshore oil and natural gas properties primarily in Oklahoma, the United States. The company sells crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids primarily to refineries and gas processing plant. The company was founded in 1988 and is headquartered in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Chaparral Energy Inc’s score is 0.15) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.