Aspen Aerogels Inc (NYSE:ASPN)
June 13th, 2019
Amidst rising markets Aspen Aerogels Inc went up $0.90 Thursday, a 16.82% increase, closing at $6.25. As well as going up, ASPN closed the day setting a new 52 week record. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $6.25. The stock continues to trade well at 290.63% of its 52 week low of $1.60. Two technical ‘scores’ for stocks to be wary of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. ASPN scored quite low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is -4.06, and the Piotroski Score is 2). In addition to finishing higher, trading volumes were solid at 889.00% of normal which can indicate investors see opportunities.
ASPN outperformed the rest of the Energy sector which went up 1.25% today.
Forecasts from 3 analysts points to the possibility that Aspen Aerogels Inc might go up somewhat (4.08%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $5.43.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Energy saw the biggest increase of the day (1.25%), while the Healthcare sector saw the biggest drop (-0.11%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain of 23.06%.
Utilities saw the biggest turn-around compared to its 5-day performance (-0.31%), as it went up by 0.15%. Healthcare saw a turn-around from its 5-day performance of 2.18% trading down -0.11%.
- Energy, up 1.25%.
- Communication Services, up 1.14%.
- Consumer Discretionary, up 0.90%.
- Materials, up 0.58%.
- Industrials, up 0.54%.
- Financials, up 0.23%.
- Information Technology, up 0.22%.
- Utilities, up 0.15%.
- Consumer Staples, up 0.11%.
- Real Estate, up 0.09%.
- Healthcare, down -0.11%.
Aspen Aerogels Inc Info
Aspen Aerogels, Inc., an aerogel technology company, designs, develops, manufactures, and sells aerogel insulation products primarily for use in the energy infrastructure and building materials markets worldwide. The company provides Pyrogel XT-E that reduces the risk of corrosion under insulation in energy infrastructure operating systems; Pyrogel HPS for applications within the power generation market with operating temperatures greater than 400 C; Pyrogel XTF to provide strong protection against fire; Cryogel Z for sub-ambient and cryogenic applications in the energy infrastructure market; and Spaceloft Subsea for use in pipe-in-pipe applications in offshore oil production. It also offers Spaceloft Grey and Spaceloft A2 for use in the building materials market; and Cryogel X201, which is used in designing cold systems, such as refrigerated appliances, cold storage equipment, and aerospace systems. In addition, the company provides contract research services for the Department of Defense, the Department of Energy, and other institutions. Aspen Aerogels, Inc. was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in Northborough, Massachusetts.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Aspen Aerogels Inc’s score is -4.06) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Aspen Aerogels Inc’s score is 2), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.