Liberty Tripadvisor Holdings Inc Series B (Nasdaq:LTRPB)
May 14th, 2019
Amidst rising markets Liberty Tripadvisor Holdings Inc Series B finished Tuesday’s trading session down 13.43%, a ($1.93) decrease to close on $12.44. Sadly, in addition to dropping LTRPB ended up closing the day at a new 52 week low.As well as the drop in value, Liberty Tripadvisor Holdings Inc Series B hit a new 52 week low of $12.44, breaking the previous low of $14.35 from earlier this December. Despite the drop in value, trading volumes were solid at 17,693.00% of normal which can indicate investor opportunities. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.82.
LTRPB was outperformed by the rest of the Consumer Discretionary sector which went up 0.87%.
The market sectors were mixed Tuesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Information Technology saw the biggest increase of the day (1.60%), while Utilities saw the biggest drop (-0.87%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 18.05%.
Information Technology saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -6.38%, as it went up 1.60%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 1.03% trading down -0.87%.
- Information Technology went up with a 1.60% change.
- Energy went up with a 1.09% change.
- Industrials went up with a 1.07% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.87% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.82% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.80% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.41% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.37% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.35% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.24% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.87% change.
Liberty Tripadvisor Holdings Inc Series B Info
Liberty TripAdvisor Holdings, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in online travel research and online commerce businesses. Its travel platform provides consumer-generated content, price comparison tools, and online reservation and related services for destinations, accommodations, travel activities and experiences, and restaurants. The company owns and operates portfolio of online travel brands, which offers travel-planning and trip-taking resources in the travel industry; and provides click-based, display-based, and subscription-based advertising services. It also operates Viator, a Website that offers research, book, and experience activities and attractions in travel destinations; and TheFork, an online restaurant booking platform operating various sites. Liberty TripAdvisor Holdings, Inc. is headquartered in Englewood, Colorado.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Liberty Tripadvisor Holdings Inc Series B’s score is 0.82) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.