NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (AMEX:NBY)
May 15th, 2019
Amidst rising markets NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. finished Wednesday’s trading session down 28.77%, a ($0.21) decrease to close on $0.52. While the stock did drop today, remember that it is still trading at 126.09% of its 52 week low of $0.23. Two technical ‘scores’ for stocks to be wary of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. NBY scored rather low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is -18.40, and the Piotroski Score is 1). Despite the drop in value, trading volumes were solid at 268.00% of normal which can indicate investor opportunities.
NBY was outperformed by the rest of the Healthcare sector which went up 0.27%.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Communication Services saw the biggest increase of the day (2.11%), while Financials saw the biggest drop (-0.48%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 19.93%.
Communication Services saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -2.60%, as it went up 2.11%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 0.47% trading down -0.13%.
- Communication Services went up with a 2.11% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.98% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.80% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.78% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.64% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.46% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.27% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.12% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.13% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.24% change.
- Financials went down with a -0.48% change.
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Info
NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, develops, manufactures, and markets non-antibiotic anti-infective products for the eye care market in the United States, China, and internationally. It offers Avenova, a prescription product for cleansing and removing foreign materials, including microorganisms and debris from skin around the eye; NeutroPhase for wound care market; CelleRx for the aesthetic dermatology market; Aganocide compounds patented synthetic molecules for use against bacteria, viruses, and fungi; auriclosene irrigation solution for urology; and intelli-Case, a device for soft and rigid gas permeable contact lenses. NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. has collaboration and license agreement with Virbac to develop auriclosene, a proprietary compound for veterinary markets. The company was formerly known as NovaCal Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and changed its name to NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in February 2007. NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was incorporated in 2000 and is based in Emeryville, California.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s score is -18.40) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (NovaBay Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s score is 1), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.