Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE:RNN)
April 16th, 2019
Amidst rising markets Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc. closed Tuesday up 25.28%, a $1.36 increase to close on $6.74. Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc. swung 44.34% between high and low. The stock continues to trade well at 1,467.44% of its 52 week low of $0.43. Two technical ‘scores’ for stocks to be wary of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. RNN scored quite low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is -15.27, and the Piotroski Score is 2). In addition to finishing higher, trading volumes were solid at 19,718.00% of normal which can indicate investors see opportunities.
The market sectors were mixed Tuesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Financials saw the biggest increase of the day (1.37%), while Real Estate saw the biggest drop (-2.38%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 23.78%.
Energy saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.22%, as it went up 0.64%. Real Estate and Utilities both saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Real Estate with a drop of -2.38%.
- Financials went up with a 1.37% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.64% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.59% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.49% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.48% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.47% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.21% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.06% change.
- Utilities went down with a -1.39% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -2.03% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -2.38% change.
Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Info
Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes treatments for cancer. The company’s clinical stage drug candidates include RX-3117, which is in Phase II a clinical trial for the treatment of patients with relapsed or refractory pancreatic cancer and advanced bladder cancer; and Supinoxin that is in Phase II a clinical study to treat patients with metastatic triple negative breast cancer. Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is based in Rockville, Maryland.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s score is -15.27) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Rexahn Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s score is 2), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.