Advanced Disposal Services Inc (NYSE:ADSW)
April 18th, 2019
With markets going up Advanced Disposal Services Inc rose $0.13 Thursday, up 0.40%, closing at $32.83. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $33.00. It’s expected that Advanced Disposal Services Inc will report earnings within the next couple of weeks. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.95.
ADSW was outperformed by the rest of the Industrials sector which went up 1.11%.
Expectations from 9 analysts suggest that Advanced Disposal Services Inc might go down somewhat (-5.20%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $26.79.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Industrials saw the biggest increase of the day (1.11%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (-0.53%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 25.10%. The biggest loss this year has been the Healthcare sector declining -0.89%.
Real Estate saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -3.55%, as it went up 0.75%. Energy and Financials experienced turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Energy with a drop of -0.53%.
- Industrials went up with a 1.11% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.75% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.28% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.14% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.14% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.11% change.
- Utilities went up with a 0.02% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.04% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -0.05% change.
- Financials went down with a -0.24% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.53% change.
Advanced Disposal Services Inc Info
Advanced Disposal Services, Inc. provides non-hazardous solid waste collection, transfer, recycling, and disposal services. The company is involved in the curbside collection of residential refuse from small carts or containers into collection vehicles for transport to a disposal/recycling site. It also supplies commercial and industrial customers with waste containers; rents or sells compactors to large waste generators; and provides roll-off containers, as well as waste collection, transportation, and disposal services to construction and demolition sites. In addition, the company offers landfill disposal services; and manages or operates recycling facilities that collect, process, and sell old corrugated cardboard, old newspaper, mixed paper, aluminum, glass, and other materials, as well as provides customer services. Further, it engages in trucking activities; and landfill gas-to-energy operations at municipal solid waste landfills, as well as manages third-party owned landfills. The company serves approximately 2.8 million residential customers; 200,000 commercial and industrial customers; and 800 municipalities in the Southeast, Midwest, and Eastern regions of the United States, as well as the Commonwealth of the Bahamas. As of December 31, 2018, it owned or operated 94 collection operations, 73 transfer stations, 41 active solid waste landfills, and 22 recycling facilities in 16 states and the Bahamas. The company was formerly known as ADS Waste Holdings, Inc. and changed its name to Advanced Disposal Services, Inc. in January 2016. Advanced Disposal Services, Inc. was founded in 2000 and is headquartered in Ponte Vedra, Florida.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Advanced Disposal Services Inc’s score is 0.95) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.