Nexstar Media Group Inc (Nasdaq:NXST)
April 16th, 2019
Amidst rising markets Nexstar Media Group Inc rose $1.13 Tuesday, a 0.97% increase, closing at $117.96. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $118.38. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.49. The next earnings report is expected in approximately 22 days.
NXST outperformed the rest of the Communication Services sector which went up 0.21% today.
Expectations from 10 analysts indicates that Nexstar Media Group Inc might increase somewhat (3.91%), while Finbox has calculated (with low uncertainty) a fair value price of $107.57.
The market sectors were mixed Tuesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Financials saw the biggest increase of the day (1.37%), while Real Estate saw the biggest drop (-2.38%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 23.78%.
Energy saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.22%, as it went up 0.64%. Real Estate and Utilities experienced turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Real Estate with a drop of -2.38%.
- Financials went up with a 1.37% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.64% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.59% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.49% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.48% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.47% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.21% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.06% change.
- Utilities went down with a -1.39% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -2.03% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -2.38% change.
Nexstar Media Group Inc Info
Nexstar Media Group, Inc. operates as a television broadcasting and digital media company in the United States. The company focuses on the acquisition, development, and operation of television stations and interactive community Websites in small and medium-sized markets. It offers free over-the-air programming to television viewing audiences. As of December 31, 2018, the company also provides sales, programming, and other services through various local service agreements to 38 power television stations owned and/or operated by independent third parties; owned, operated, programmed, or provided sales and other services to 174 television stations in 100 markets in the states of Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin; and reaches 42.7 million television households. It affiliates of ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, The CW, MNTV and other broadcast television networks. The company was formerly known as Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. and changed its name to Nexstar Media Group, Inc. in January 2017. Nexstar Media Group, Inc. was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Irving, Texas.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Nexstar Media Group Inc’s score is 1.49) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.