Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc (Nasdaq:SBGI)
April 16th, 2019
Amidst rising markets Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc closed Tuesday up 1.74%, a $0.77 increase to close on $44.98. As well as going up, SBGI closed the day setting a new 52 week record. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $44.98. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.39. The next earnings report is expected in approximately 22 days.
SBGI outperformed the rest of the Communication Services sector which went up 0.21% today.
Results from 9 analysts suggest that Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc could decline somewhat (-6.51%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $43.97.
The market sectors were mixed Tuesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Financials saw the biggest increase of the day (1.37%), while Real Estate saw the biggest drop (-2.38%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 23.78%.
Energy saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.22%, as it went up 0.64%. Real Estate and Utilities experienced turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Real Estate with a drop of -2.38%.
- Financials went up with a 1.37% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.64% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.59% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.49% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.48% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.47% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.21% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.06% change.
- Utilities went down with a -1.39% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -2.03% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -2.38% change.
Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc Info
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. operates as a television broadcasting company in the United States. It owns or provides various programming, operating, sales, and other non-programming operating services to television stations. The company broadcasts free over-the-air programming, such as network provided programs, locally-produced news, local sporting events, programming from program service arrangements, syndicated entertainment programs, and internally originated programming to television viewing audiences in the communities through its local television stations. As of December 31, 2018, it owned, operated, and/or provided services to 191 stations in 89 markets, which broadcast 605 channels. The company also owns and operates various networks carried on distribution platforms; and Tennis Channel, a cable network that includes coverage of various tennis’ top tournaments and original professional sport, and tennis lifestyle shows. In addition, it offers digital agency services; and broadcast related technical services to the broadcast industry, as well as designs and manufactures broadcast systems, including transmitters and antennas. Further, the company provides sign design and fabrication services; and invests in various real estate ventures, including developmental land, and operating commercial and multi-family residential real estate properties and apartments, as well as private equity and structured debt/mezzanine financing investment funds. Additionally, it offers Tennis Magazine; and operates Tennis.com, an online tennis platform. The company was founded in 1986 and is headquartered in Hunt Valley, Maryland.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Sinclair Broadcast Group Inc’s score is 1.39) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.