Post Holdings Inc (NYSE:POST)
April 16th, 2019
Post Holdings Inc neither rose nor fell during ‘s trading, but stayed put at $111.37. it hit a new 52 week high of $112.06. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.34. The next earnings report is expected in approximately 15 days.
POST outperformed the rest of the Consumer Staples sector which went down -0.06% today.
Analysis results from 9 analysts indicates that Post Holdings Inc could go up somewhat (1.86%), while Finbox has calculated (with low uncertainty) a fair value price of $96.07.
The market sectors were mixed Tuesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Financials saw the biggest increase of the day (1.37%), while Real Estate saw the biggest drop (-2.38%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 23.78%.
Energy saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.22%, as it went up 0.64%. Real Estate and Utilities both saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Real Estate with a drop of -2.38%.
- Financials went up with a 1.37% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.64% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.59% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.49% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.48% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.47% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.21% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.06% change.
- Utilities went down with a -1.39% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -2.03% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -2.38% change.
Post Holdings Inc Info
Post Holdings, Inc. operates as a consumer packaged goods holding company in the United States and internationally. It operates through Post Consumer Brands, Weetabix, Refrigerated Food, and Active Nutrition segments. The Post Consumer Brands segment manufactures, markets, and sells branded and private label ready-to-eat (RTE) cereal and hot cereal products. The Weetabix segment primarily markets and distributes branded and private label RTE cereal products. The Refrigerated Food segment produces and distributes egg products, sausages, side dishes, and cheese and other refrigerated products. The Active Nutrition segment manufactures, markets, and distributes ready-to-drink beverages, bars, powders, and other nutritional supplements. The company also manufactures and distributes private label peanuts and other nut butters, dried fruits and nuts, pasta products, granola, cereals, and snacks; and provides peanut blanching, granulation, and roasting services for the commercial peanut industry. Post Holdings, Inc. sells its products to grocery stores, mass merchandise customers, supercenters, club stores, natural/specialty stores, and drug store customers; military, e-commerce, and foodservice channels; discounters, wholesalers, and convenience stores; restaurant chains, and food manufacturers and processors; online and specialty retailers, supplement stores, and distributors; and food ingredient customers. The company was founded in 1895 and is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Post Holdings Inc’s score is 1.34) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.