Xerox Corp (NYSE:XRX)
March 21st, 2019
With markets going up Xerox Corp went up $0.90 Thursday which equals a 2.81% increase, closing at $32.91. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $33.08. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.76.
XRX outperformed the rest of the Information Technology sector which went up 2.47% today.
Xerox Corp is listed on the S&P 500 index, and was one of 436 stocks that increased today. Weighted by market cap, XRX represents about 0.03% of the S&P 500.
Results from 2 analysts indicates that Xerox Corp might increase quite a bit (11.36%), while Finbox has calculated (with high uncertainty) a fair value price of $32.75.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Information Technology saw the biggest increase of the day (2.47%), while Financials saw the biggest drop (-0.30%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 18.16%.
Real Estate saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -0.72%, as it went up 1.79%. Financials saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of -0.81% trading down -0.30%.
- Information Technology went up with a 2.47% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 1.79% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 1.32% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 1.19% change.
- Utilities went up with a 1.05% change.
- Materials went up with a 1.04% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.95% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.89% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.69% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.35% change.
- Financials went down with a -0.30% change.
Xerox Corp Info
Xerox Corporation designs, develops, and sells document management systems and solutions worldwide. It offers managed document services, including managed print services and multi-channel communication services, as well as a range of digital solutions, such as workflow automation services, content management, and digitization services. The company also provides desktop monochrome and color printers, and multifunction printers; copiers, digital printing presses and light production devices, and solutions; graphic communications and commercial printers; inkjet presses; and FreeFlow portfolio of software solutions for the automation and integration of print jobs processing. In addition, it sells paper products, wide-format systems, and global imaging systems network integration solutions. The company sells its products and services directly to its customers through sales force, as well as through independent agents, dealers, value-added resellers, systems integrators, and the Web. Xerox Corporation was founded in 1906 and is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Xerox Corp’s score is 1.76) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.