Discovery Inc Series B (Nasdaq:DISCB)
March 14th, 2019
Discovery Inc Series B neither rose nor fell during ‘s trading, but stayed put at $31.55. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.07.
DISCB outperformed the rest of the Communication Services sector which went down -0.40% today.
Forecasts from 1 analyst suggest that Discovery Inc Series B might somewhat (0.00%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $21.67.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Financials saw the biggest increase of the day (0.41%), while Materials saw the biggest drop (-0.79%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 16.35%.
Materials and Communication Services saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Materials with a drop of -0.79%.
- Financials went up with a 0.41% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.20% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.06% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.04% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.14% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.25% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.28% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -0.31% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.35% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.40% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.79% change.
Discovery Inc Series B Info
Discovery, Inc. operates as a media company worldwide. The company operates through U.S. Networks, International Networks, and Education and Other segments. It owns and operates various television networks under the Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Science Channel, Velocity, Discovery Family Channel, Destination America, American Heroes Channel, Discovery Life, The Oprah Winfrey Network, Eurosport, Discovery Kids, DMAX, and Discovery Home & Health brands, as well as other regional television networks. The company’s content spans genres, including survival, exploration, sports, lifestyle, general entertainment, heroes, adventure, crime and investigation, health, and kids. It also develops and sells curriculum-based education products and services, such as an online suite of curriculum-based video on demand (VOD) tools, professional development services, and digital textbooks, as well as student assessments; and publishes hard copy curriculum-based content for K-12 schools. In addition, the company operates production studios that develop content; and Websites. It provides content through various distribution platforms comprising pay-television, free-to-air and broadcast television, Websites, digital distribution arrangements, and content licensing agreements, as well as various platforms that include brand-aligned Websites, online streaming, mobile devices, VOD, and broadband channels. As of December 31, 2017, the company operated approximately 400 distribution feeds in 40 languages internationally. Discovery, Inc. was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Discovery Inc Series B’s score is 1.07) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.