Discovery Inc Series B (Nasdaq:DISCB)
March 15th, 2019
With markets going up Discovery Inc Series B finished up $0.55 Friday which equals a 1.77% increase, closing at $31.55. While it is positive news the stock ended higher, the trading volumes were only 0.00% of normal which could be an indication of investor uncertainty. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.05.
DISCB outperformed the rest of the Communication Services sector which went up 0.01% today.
Expectations from 1 analyst points to the possibility that Discovery Inc Series B might drop somewhat (-4.91%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $23.48.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Information Technology saw the biggest increase of the day (1.22%), while Real Estate saw the biggest drop (-0.38%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 17.76%.
Real Estate and Industrials both saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Real Estate with a drop of -0.38%.
- Information Technology went up with a 1.22% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.71% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.64% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.50% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.49% change.
- Utilities went up with a 0.47% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.20% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.01% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.08% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.25% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -0.38% change.
Discovery Inc Series B Info
Discovery, Inc. operates as a media company worldwide. The company operates through U.S. Networks, International Networks, and Education and Other segments. It owns and operates various television networks under the Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, Investigation Discovery, Science Channel, Velocity, Discovery Family Channel, Destination America, American Heroes Channel, Discovery Life, The Oprah Winfrey Network, Eurosport, Discovery Kids, DMAX, and Discovery Home & Health brands, as well as other regional television networks. The company’s content spans genres, including survival, exploration, sports, lifestyle, general entertainment, heroes, adventure, crime and investigation, health, and kids. It also develops and sells curriculum-based education products and services, such as an online suite of curriculum-based video on demand (VOD) tools, professional development services, and digital textbooks, as well as student assessments; and publishes hard copy curriculum-based content for K-12 schools. In addition, the company operates production studios that develop content; and Websites. It provides content through various distribution platforms comprising pay-television, free-to-air and broadcast television, Websites, digital distribution arrangements, and content licensing agreements, as well as various platforms that include brand-aligned Websites, online streaming, mobile devices, VOD, and broadband channels. As of December 31, 2017, the company operated approximately 400 distribution feeds in 40 languages internationally. Discovery, Inc. was founded in 1985 and is headquartered in Silver Spring, Maryland.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Discovery Inc Series B’s score is 1.05) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.