Six Flags Entertainment Corp (NYSE:SIX)
March 21st, 2019
With markets going up Six Flags Entertainment Corp closed Thursday up 0.87%, a $0.42 increase to close on $48.79. Despite ending the day higher, Six Flags Entertainment Corp hit a new 52 week low of $47.81, breaking the previous low of $48.13 from earlier this month. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.04.
SIX was outperformed by the rest of the Consumer Discretionary sector which went up 1.32%.
Analysis results from 10 analysts suggest that Six Flags Entertainment Corp might go up significantly (25.23%), while Finbox has calculated (with low uncertainty) a fair value price of $49.27.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Information Technology saw the biggest increase of the day (2.47%), while Financials saw the biggest drop (-0.30%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 18.16%.
Real Estate saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -0.72%, as it went up 1.79%. Financials saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of -0.81% trading down -0.30%.
- Information Technology went up with a 2.47% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 1.79% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 1.32% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 1.19% change.
- Utilities went up with a 1.05% change.
- Materials went up with a 1.04% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.95% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.89% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.69% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.35% change.
- Financials went down with a -0.30% change.
Six Flags Entertainment Corp Info
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation owns and operates regional theme and water parks under the Six Flags brand name. The company’s parks offer various thrill rides, water attractions, themed areas, concerts and shows, restaurants, game venues, and retail outlets. It owns and operates 20 parks, including 17 parks in the United States; 2 parks in Mexico; and 1 park in Montreal, Canada. The company was formerly known as Six Flags, Inc. and changed its name to Six Flags Entertainment Corporation in April 2010. Six Flags Entertainment Corporation was founded in 1961 and is based in Grand Prairie, Texas.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Six Flags Entertainment Corp’s score is 1.04) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.