Oragenics Inc (NYSE:OGEN)
March 21st, 2019
With markets going up Oragenics Inc fell ($0.25) Thursday which equals a 29.10% drop, closing at $0.61. Despite the drop in value, trading volumes were solid at 1,557.00% of normal which can indicate investor opportunities. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be -1.60.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Information Technology saw the biggest increase of the day (2.47%), while Financials saw the biggest drop (-0.30%). Information Technology has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 18.16%.
Real Estate saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -0.72%, as it went up 1.79%. Financials saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of -0.81% trading down -0.30%.
- Information Technology went up with a 2.47% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 1.79% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 1.32% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 1.19% change.
- Utilities went up with a 1.05% change.
- Materials went up with a 1.04% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.95% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.89% change.
- Energy went up with a 0.69% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.35% change.
- Financials went down with a -0.30% change.
Oragenics Inc Info
Oragenics, Inc. focuses on developing antibiotics against infectious diseases and treatments for oral mucositis. It is developing OG716, an antibiotic product candidate, which is in nonclinical testing for healthcare-associated infections, as well as other homolog antibiotic product candidates. The company is also developing AG013, which is in Phase II clinical trial for the treatment of oral mucositis in cancer patients. Its product candidates also comprise LPT3-04, a naturally occurring dietary substance for weight loss; and SMaRT Replacement Therapy, a topical treatment applied to the teeth to protect against tooth decay. Oragenics, Inc. has collaboration agreements with Intrexon Corporation and its subsidiary, Intrexon Actobiotics NV to develop AG013 as a potential treatment of oral mucositis for cancer patients. It also has license agreements with LPThera LLC to develop LPT3-04, a weight-loss product candidate; and Texas A&M University System for access to new homologs of the lantibiotic Mutacin 1140 (MU1140) and other lantibiotics, as well as holds licenses from the University of Florida Research Foundation, Inc. for MU1140 product candidates. The company was formerly known as Oragen, Inc. Oragenics, Inc. was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Tampa, Florida.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Oragenics Inc’s score is -1.60) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.