Vereit Inc (NYSE:VER)
February 12th, 2019
Amidst rising markets Vereit Inc fell ($0.05) Tuesday which equals a 0.60% decline, closing at $8.28. Despite the drop in price it hit a new 52 week high of $8.38. It’s expected that Vereit Inc will report earnings within the next couple of weeks. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.32.
VER outperformed the rest of the Real Estate sector which went down just -0.70% today.
Results from 9 analysts indicates that Vereit Inc could go up somewhat (0.06%), while Finbox has calculated (with low uncertainty) a fair value price of $8.72.
The market sectors were mixed Tuesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Materials saw the biggest increase of the day (2.25%), while Real Estate saw the biggest drop (-0.70%). Industrials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13.91%.
Materials saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.14%, as it went up 2.25%. Real Estate saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 0.96% trading down -0.70%.
- Materials went up with a 2.25% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 1.66% change.
- Industrials went up with a 1.56% change.
- Financials went up with a 1.56% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 1.36% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 1.34% change.
- Energy went up with a 1.18% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 1.14% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.88% change.
- Utilities went up with a 0.17% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -0.70% change.
Vereit Inc Info
VEREIT is a full-service real estate operating company which owns and manages one of the largest portfolios of single-tenant commercial properties in the U.S. The Company has a total asset book value of $14.1 billion including approximately 4,000 properties and 93.9 million square feet. VEREIT’s business model provides equity capital to creditworthy corporations in return for long-term leases on their properties. VEREIT is a publicly traded Maryland corporation listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Vereit Inc’s score is 0.32) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.