WEC Energy Group Inc (NYSE:WEC)
February 12th, 2019
Amidst rising markets WEC Energy Group Inc closed Tuesday up 0.01%, a $0.01 increase to close on $75.04. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $75.61. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.26.
WEC was outperformed by the rest of the Utilities sector which went up 0.17%.
WEC Energy Group Inc is listed on the S&P 500 index, and was one of 406 stocks that increased today. Weighted by market cap, WEC represents about 0.10% of the S&P 500.
Forecasts from 12 analysts points to the possibility that WEC Energy Group Inc could go down somewhat (-4.27%), while Finbox has calculated (with low uncertainty) a fair value price of $56.42.
The market sectors were mixed Tuesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Materials saw the biggest increase of the day (2.25%), while Real Estate saw the biggest drop (-0.70%). Industrials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13.91%.
Materials saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.14%, as it went up 2.25%. Real Estate saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 0.96% trading down -0.70%.
- Materials went up with a 2.25% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 1.66% change.
- Industrials went up with a 1.56% change.
- Financials went up with a 1.56% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 1.36% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 1.34% change.
- Energy went up with a 1.18% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 1.14% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.88% change.
- Utilities went up with a 0.17% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -0.70% change.
WEC Energy Group Inc Info
WEC Energy Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides regulated natural gas and electricity, and nonregulated renewable energy services in the United States. The company operates through six segments: Wisconsin, Illinois, Other States, Electric Transmission, Non-Utility Energy Infrastructure, and Corporate and Other. It generates and distributes electricity from coal, natural gas, oil, hydroelectric, wind, and biomass sources; provides electricity transmission services; offers retail natural gas distribution services; transports customer-owned natural gas; and generates, distributes, and sells steam. The company offers electricity to approximately 1.6 million residential, small and large commercial and industrial, and other customers; and natural gas to 2.8 million residential, and commercial and industrial customers. As of December 31, 2017, it operated approximately 37,100 miles of overhead distribution lines and 32,500 miles of underground distribution cable, as well as approximately 500 distribution substations and 495,500 line transformers; and approximately 47,900 miles of natural gas distribution mains, as well as 1,200 miles of natural gas transmission mains. In addition, WEC Energy Group, Inc. invests in and develops real estate properties, including business parks and other commercial real estate projects primarily in southeastern Wisconsin. The company was formerly known as Wisconsin Energy Corporation and changed its name to WEC Energy Group, Inc. in June 2015. WEC Energy Group, Inc. was founded in 1981 and is headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that WEC Energy Group Inc’s score is 1.26) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.