Tribune Company Common Stock (NYSE:TRCO)
February 13th, 2019
Amidst rising markets Tribune Company Common Stock closed the day up $0.22 Wednesday, up 0.48%, closing at $46.33. As well as going up, TRCO closed the day setting a new 52 week record. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $46.33. It’s expected that Tribune Company Common Stock will report earnings within the next couple of weeks. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.96.
TRCO outperformed the rest of the Communication Services sector which went down -0.10% today.
Analysis results from 6 analysts points to the possibility that Tribune Company Common Stock might go up somewhat (0.15%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $47.85.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Energy saw the biggest increase of the day (1.29%), while Utilities saw the biggest drop (-0.31%). Industrials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 15.68%.
Energy saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.99%, as it went up 1.29%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 1.76% trading down -0.31%.
- Energy went up with a 1.29% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.63% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.62% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.58% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.25% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.25% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.20% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.14% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.10% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.10% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.31% change.
Tribune Company Common Stock Info
Tribune Media Company, through its subsidiaries, operates as a media and entertainment company in the United States. It offers news, entertainment, and sports programming through Tribune Broadcasting local television stations, including FOX television affiliates, CW Network, LLC television affiliates, CBS television affiliates, ABC television affiliates, MY television affiliates, NBC television affiliates, and independent television stations; and television series and movies on WGN America, a national general entertainment cable network. The company also operates Antenna TV and THIS TV digital multicast networks; a production studio; Screener, an entertainment Website; and WGN 720 AM, a radio station in Chicago. It owns and operates 42 local television stations. The company was formerly known as Tribune Company and changed its name to Tribune Media Company in July 2014. Tribune Media Company was founded in 1847 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Tribune Company Common Stock’s score is 0.96) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.