Liberty Global PLC Class B (Nasdaq:LBTYB)
February 13th, 2019
Amidst rising markets Liberty Global PLC Class B finished up $0.22 Wednesday, up 0.90%, closing at $24.97. While it is positive news the stock ended higher, the trading volumes were only 40.00% of normal which could be an indication of investor uncertainty. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.52.
LBTYB outperformed the rest of the Communication Services sector which went down -0.10% today.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Energy saw the biggest increase of the day (1.29%), while Utilities saw the biggest drop (-0.31%). Industrials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 15.68%.
Energy saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.99%, as it went up 1.29%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 1.76% trading down -0.31%.
- Energy went up with a 1.29% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.63% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.62% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.58% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.25% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.25% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.20% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.14% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.10% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.10% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.31% change.
Liberty Global PLC Class B Info
Liberty Global plc, together with its subsidiaries, provides video, broadband Internet, fixed-line telephony, mobile, and other communications services to residential customers and businesses in Europe. It offers video services, including digital video programming and audio services starting with a basic video service, video-on-demand, electronic programming guide, various premium channel packages, digital video recorders, various mobile applications, and set-top boxes. The company provides entertainment, sports, movies, documentaries, lifestyles, news, adult, children, and ethnic and foreign channels. It also offers Wi-Fi and Internet services, such as email, address book, and parental controls; security; online storage solutions and Web spaces; and Connect Box, a connectivity device that delivers in-home Wi-Fi coverage. Additionally, it offers community Wi-Fi via routers in home, which provides access to the Internet; public Wi-Fi access points in train stations, hotels, bars, restaurants, and other public places. In addition, the company provides circuit-switched telephony services; and mobile services comprising voice, short message service, and Internet access. Further, it offers voice, advanced data, video, wireless, cloud-based services, and mobile and converged fixed-mobile services to small or home offices, small businesses, and medium and large enterprises, as well as on a wholesale basis to other operators. Liberty Global plc was founded in 2004 and is based in London, the United Kingdom.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Liberty Global PLC Class B’s score is 0.52) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.