CAS Medical Systems Inc (Nasdaq:CASM)
February 12th, 2019
With markets going up CAS Medical Systems Inc closed Tuesday up 54.14%, a $0.85 increase to close on $2.42. The stock continues to trade well at 144.44% of its 52 week low of $0.99. In addition to finishing higher, trading volumes were solid at 11,754.00% of normal which can indicate investors see opportunities. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be -3.09. The next earnings report is expected in approximately 28 days.
Results from 2 analysts points to the possibility that CAS Medical Systems Inc might increase significantly (76.34%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $3.34.
The market sectors were mixed Tuesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Materials saw the biggest increase of the day (2.25%), while Real Estate saw the biggest drop (-0.70%). Industrials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13.91%.
Materials saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.14%, as it went up 2.25%. Real Estate saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 0.96% trading down -0.70%.
- Materials went up with a 2.25% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 1.66% change.
- Industrials went up with a 1.56% change.
- Financials went up with a 1.56% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 1.36% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 1.34% change.
- Energy went up with a 1.18% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 1.14% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.88% change.
- Utilities went up with a 0.17% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -0.70% change.
CAS Medical Systems Inc Info
CAS Medical Systems, Inc., a medical technology company, develops, manufactures, and markets non-invasive patient monitoring products worldwide. The company provides FORE-SIGHT tissue oximeter monitors, sensors, and accessories, as well as offers FORE-SIGHT ELITE monitors. Its FORE-SIGHT absolute tissue oximeter provides non-invasive and quantitative measurement of oxygenation for cerebral tissue during surgery or critical care situations. The company also offers repair services for parts. It markets products through its own sales force, distributors, and manufacturers’ representatives, as well as through hospitals, surgery centers, and outpatient facilities. CAS Medical Systems, Inc. was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in Branford, Connecticut.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that CAS Medical Systems Inc’s score is -3.09) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.