McDermott International Inc (NYSE:MDR)
February 13th, 2019
With markets going up McDermott International Inc finished Wednesday’s trading session down 26.67%, a ($2.48) decrease to close on $6.82. Despite the drop in value, trading volumes were solid at 787.00% of normal which can indicate investor opportunities. It’s expected that McDermott International Inc will report earnings within the next couple of weeks. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.65.
MDR was outperformed by the rest of the Energy sector which went up 1.29%.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Energy saw the biggest increase of the day (1.29%), while Utilities saw the biggest drop (-0.31%). Industrials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 15.68%.
Energy saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.99%, as it went up 1.29%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 1.76% trading down -0.31%.
- Energy went up with a 1.29% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.63% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.62% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.58% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.25% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.25% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.20% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.14% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.10% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.10% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.31% change.
McDermott International Inc Info
McDermott International, Inc. provides engineering, procurement, construction and installation, front-end engineering and design, and module fabrication services for upstream field developments. It operates through three segments: the Americas, Europe and Africa; the Middle East; and Asia. The company delivers fixed and floating production facilities, pipeline installations, and subsea systems from concept to commissioning for offshore and subsea oil and gas projects. Its operations include fabrication and offshore installation of fixed and floating structures; and the installation of pipelines and subsea systems, as well as provision of shallow water and deep water construction services. The company’s customers include national, integrated, and other oil and gas companies. McDermott International, Inc. was founded in 1923 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that McDermott International Inc’s score is 0.65) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.