CorMedix Inc. (NYSE:CRMD)
February 12th, 2019
Amidst rising markets CorMedix Inc. closed the day up $0.52 Tuesday, a 24.41% increase, closing at $2.65. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $2.72. The stock continues to trade well at 1,458.82% of its 52 week low of $0.17. In addition to finishing higher, trading volumes were solid at 411.00% of normal which can indicate investors see opportunities. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be -39.88.
The market sectors were mixed Tuesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Materials saw the biggest increase of the day (2.25%), while Real Estate saw the biggest drop (-0.70%). Industrials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13.91%.
Materials saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.14%, as it went up 2.25%. Real Estate saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 0.96% trading down -0.70%.
- Materials went up with a 2.25% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 1.66% change.
- Industrials went up with a 1.56% change.
- Financials went up with a 1.56% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 1.36% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 1.34% change.
- Energy went up with a 1.18% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 1.14% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.88% change.
- Utilities went up with a 0.17% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -0.70% change.
CorMedix Inc. Info
CorMedix, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on developing and commercializing therapeutic products for the prevention and treatment of infectious and inflammatory diseases in the United States and internationally. Its primary focus is on the development of its lead product candidate, Neutrolin, an anti-infective solution for the reduction and prevention of catheter-related infections and thrombosis in patients requiring central venous catheters in clinical settings, such as dialysis, critical/intensive care, and oncology. The company was formerly known as Picton Holding Company, Inc. and changed its name to CorMedix, Inc. in January 2007. CorMedix, Inc. was founded in 2006 and is based in Berkeley Heights, New Jersey.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that CorMedix Inc.’s score is -39.88) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.