Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA (NYSE:GOL)
February 13th, 2019
With markets going up Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA finished Wednesday’s trading session down 0.91%, a ($0.14) decrease to close on $15.20. Despite the drop in price it hit a new 52 week high of $15.47. While the stock did drop today, remember that it is still trading at 243.12% of its 52 week low of $4.43. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.81.
GOL was outperformed by the rest of the Industrials sector which went up 0.63%.
Analysis results from 10 analysts points to the possibility that Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA might rise somewhat (2.95%), while Finbox has calculated (with high uncertainty) a fair value price of $20.59.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Energy saw the biggest increase of the day (1.29%), while Utilities saw the biggest drop (-0.31%). Industrials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 15.68%.
Energy saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.99%, as it went up 1.29%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 1.76% trading down -0.31%.
- Energy went up with a 1.29% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.63% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.62% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.58% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.25% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.25% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.20% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.14% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.10% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.10% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.31% change.
Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA Info
GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes S.A. provides scheduled air transportation services for passengers cargoes, and mailbags in Brazil and internationally. The company operates through Flight Transportation and Smiles Loyalty Program segments. It also offers logistics services. In addition, the company offers Smiles loyalty programs with approximately 13.7 million members, allowing clients to accumulate and redeem miles. As of October 24, 2018, it operated a fleet of approximately 120 aircraft and 700 daily flights to 67 destinations. GOL Linhas Aéreas Inteligentes S.A. was founded in 2001 and is based in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Gol Linhas Aereas Inteligentes SA’s score is 0.81) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.