Bristow Group Inc (NYSE:BRS)
February 13th, 2019
With markets going up Bristow Group Inc finished Wednesday’s trading session down 33.70%, a ($0.61) decrease to close on $1.20. Bristow Group Inc swung 64.86% between high and low. As well as the drop in value, Bristow Group Inc hit a new 52 week low of $1.11, breaking the previous low of $1.77 from earlier this month. Despite the drop in value, trading volumes were solid at 1,034.00% of normal which can indicate investor opportunities. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.56.
BRS was outperformed by the rest of the Energy sector which went up 1.29%.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Energy saw the biggest increase of the day (1.29%), while Utilities saw the biggest drop (-0.31%). Industrials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 15.68%.
Energy saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.99%, as it went up 1.29%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 1.76% trading down -0.31%.
- Energy went up with a 1.29% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.63% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.62% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.58% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.25% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.25% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.20% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.14% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.10% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.10% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.31% change.
Bristow Group Inc Info
Bristow Group Inc. provides industrial aviation services to the offshore energy companies in Europe Caspian, Africa, the Americas, and the Asia Pacific. The company offers helicopter charter services to transport personnel between onshore bases and offshore production platforms, drilling rigs, and other installations, as well as to transport time-sensitive equipment to these offshore locations. It also provides search and rescue services for the oil and gas industry, and governmental agencies; and aircraft support services. The company was formerly known as Offshore Logistics Inc. and changed its name to Bristow Group Inc. in February 2006. Bristow Group Inc. was founded in 1955 and is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Bristow Group Inc’s score is 0.56) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.