Post Holdings Inc (NYSE:POST)
February 13th, 2019
With markets going up Post Holdings Inc closed Wednesday up 0.83%, a $0.85 increase to close on $103.55. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $103.58. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.04.
POST outperformed the rest of the Consumer Staples sector which went up 0.25% today.
Analysis results from 8 analysts indicates that Post Holdings Inc could grow somewhat (7.99%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $89.65.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Energy saw the biggest increase of the day (1.29%), while Utilities saw the biggest drop (-0.31%). Industrials has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 15.68%.
Energy saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.99%, as it went up 1.29%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 1.76% trading down -0.31%.
- Energy went up with a 1.29% change.
- Industrials went up with a 0.63% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.62% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.58% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.25% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.25% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.20% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.14% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.10% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.10% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.31% change.
Post Holdings Inc Info
Post Holdings, Inc. operates as a consumer packaged goods holding company in the United States and internationally. It operates through Post Consumer Brands, Weetabix, Refrigerated Food, and Active Nutrition segments. The Post Consumer Brands segment manufactures, markets, and sells branded and private label ready-to-eat (RTE) cereal and hot cereal products. The Weetabix segment primarily markets and distributes branded and private label RTE cereal products. The Refrigerated Food segment produces and distributes egg products, sausages, side dishes, and cheese and other refrigerated products. The Active Nutrition segment manufactures, markets, and distributes ready-to-drink beverages, bars, powders, and other nutritional supplements. The company also manufactures and distributes private label peanuts and other nut butters, dried fruits and nuts, pasta products, granola, cereals, and snacks; and provides peanut blanching, granulation, and roasting services for the commercial peanut industry. Post Holdings, Inc. sells its products to grocery stores, mass merchandise customers, supercenters, club stores, natural/specialty stores, and drug store customers; military, e-commerce, and foodservice channels; discounters, wholesalers, and convenience stores; restaurant chains, and food manufacturers and processors; online and specialty retailers, supplement stores, and distributors; and food ingredient customers. The company was founded in 1895 and is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Post Holdings Inc’s score is 1.04) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.