Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:SNSS)
January 11th, 2019
Amidst falling markets Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. finished up $0.15 Friday which equals a 26.16% increase, closing at $0.73. The stock continues to trade well at 265% of its 52 week low of $0.20. Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. bounced 34.48% between low and high. In addition to finishing higher, trading volumes were solid at 218% of normal which can indicate investors see opportunities. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be -45.34.
Forecasts from 1 analyst points to the possibility that Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. might decline somewhat (-32%).
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Healthcare saw the biggest increase of the day (0.33%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (0.63%). Energy has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 8.07%.
Energy and Utilities experienced turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Energy with a drop of 0.63%.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.33% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.30% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.24% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.17% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -0.03% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.12% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.13% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -0.14% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.40% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.44% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.63% change.
Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Info
Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of oncology therapeutics for the treatment of solid and hematologic cancers. Its lead program is vecabrutinib, a non-covalently binding inhibitor of Bruton’s tyrosine kinase (BTK), which is in Phase 1b/2 clinical trial in B-cell malignancies. The company also engages in developing TAK-580, a pan-Raf inhibitor program in combination with various anticancer agents for the treatment of advanced solid tumor cancers in adult patients; SNS-510, which is in preclinical pharmacology and toxicology studies for the treatment of solid tumor and hematologic malignancies; and vosaroxin, an anticancer quinolone derivative for the treatment of acute myeloid leukemia (AML). In addition, it is developing vosaroxin, which is in Phase 2 trial with decitabine for treatment of diagnosed acute AML or myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS); Phase 1/2 trial with azacitidine for treatment of MDS; Phase 2 trial with infusional cytarabine for treatment of AML; Phase 1/2 trial in adult patients with previously treated intermediate-2 or high-risk MDS; and Phase 1/2 trial with cytarabine tested as consolidation therapy. The company has a collaboration agreement with Biogen Idec MA, Inc. to discover, develop, and commercialize small molecule BTK inhibitors; and license agreement with Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited to develop and commercialize preclinical inhibitors of phosphoinositide-dependent kinase-1. Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. was founded in 1998 and is headquartered in South San Francisco, California.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.’s score is -45.34) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.