TreeHouse Foods Inc. (NYSE:THS)
January 11th, 2019
Amidst falling markets TreeHouse Foods Inc. finished up $0.79 Friday, a 1.40% increase, closing at $57.16. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $57.49. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.38.
THS outperformed the rest of the Consumer Staples sector which went up 0.30% today.
Analysis results from 13 analysts points to the possibility that TreeHouse Foods Inc. might fall somewhat (-4.61%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $62.59.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Healthcare saw the biggest increase of the day (0.33%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (0.63%). Energy has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 8.07%.
Energy and Utilities saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Energy with a drop of 0.63%.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.33% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.30% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.24% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.17% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -0.03% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.12% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.13% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -0.14% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.40% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.44% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.63% change.
TreeHouse Foods Inc. Info
TreeHouse Foods, Inc. operates as a food and beverage manufacturer in the United States, Canada, and Italy. The company operates through Baked Goods, Beverages, Condiments, Meals, and Snacks segments. The Baked Goods segment offers candies, cookies, crackers, in-store bakery products, pita chips, pretzels, refrigerated dough, retail griddle waffles, pancakes, and French toasts. The Beverages segment offers broths, liquid non-dairy creamers, non-dairy powdered creamers, powdered drinks, single serve hot beverages, specialty teas, and sweeteners. The Condiments segment offers cheese and pudding products; jams, preserves, and jellies; mayonnaise; Mexican, barbeque, and other sauces; pickles and related products; refrigerated and shelf stable dressings and sauces; and table and flavored syrups. The Meals segment offers baking and mix powders; powdered soups and gravies; macaroni and cheese; pasta; ready-to-eat and hot cereals; skillet dinners; and condensed and ready to serve soup and infant feeding products. The Snacks segment offers bars, dried fruits, snack nuts, trail mixes, and other wholesome snacks. The company sells its products through various distribution channels comprising grocery retailers and foodservice distributors, as well as food manufacturers and repackagers of foodservice products. TreeHouse Foods, Inc. was founded in 1862 and is based in Oak Brook, Illinois.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that TreeHouse Foods Inc.’s score is 1.38) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.