Telephone & Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE:TDS)
January 11th, 2019
Amidst falling markets Telephone & Data Systems, Inc. finished up $0.19 Friday, up 0.52%, closing at $36.73. Furthermore it hit a new 52 week high of $36.99. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.54.
TDS outperformed the rest of the Communication Services sector which went down 0.13% today.
Forecasts from 5 analysts points to the possibility that Telephone & Data Systems, Inc. could go up somewhat (5.84%), while Finbox has calculated (with low uncertainty) a fair value price of $43.33.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Healthcare saw the biggest increase of the day (0.33%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (0.63%). Energy has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 8.07%.
Energy and Utilities experienced turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Energy with a drop of 0.63%.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.33% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.30% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.24% change.
- Financials went up with a 0.17% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -0.03% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.12% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.13% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -0.14% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.40% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.44% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.63% change.
Telephone & Data Systems, Inc. Info
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc., a telecommunications company, provides wireless, wireline, cable, and hosted and managed services in the United States. The company offers cellular services, such as postpaid national plans and prepaid service plans with voice, messaging, and data usage options; and business rate plans. It also offers wireless devices comprising handsets, tablets, mobile hotspots, home phones, and routers; and including accessories, including wireless basics, such as cases, screen protectors, chargers, and memory cards, as well as an assortment of consumer electronics comprising headphones, speakers, wearables, and home automation products. In addition, the company provides wireline and cable broadband services; digital television (TV) and digital satellite TV video services; voice services comprising local and long-distance telephone, voice over Internet protocol, find me follow me, collaboration, instant messaging, and other services; and network access services. Further, it offers a range of information technology (IT) services, including colocation, cloud and hosting solutions, managed services, and enterprise resource planning application management services; sells IT hardware, as well as provides related maintenance and professional services; and engages in planning, engineering, procurement, sale, installation, and management of IT-infrastructure solutions. Additionally, the company operates retail stores and kiosks. The company serves approximately 5.1 million wireless customers and 1.2 million wireline and cable customers. Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. sells its products through retail sales, direct sales, third-party retailers, and independent agents, as well as through Website and telesales. The company was founded in 1968 and is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Telephone & Data Systems, Inc.’s score is 1.54) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.