Parsley Energy Inc (NYSE:PE)
December 5th, 2018
Amidst falling markets Parsley Energy Inc fell $0.97 Tuesday which equals a 4.67% decline, closing at $19.81. As well as the drop in value, Parsley Energy Inc hit a new 52 week low of $19.80. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.62.
PE was outperformed by the rest of the Energy sector which went down only 2.93%.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (0.15%), while Financials saw the biggest drop (4.40%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13%. The biggest loss this year has been the Communication Services sector dropping 13%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 2.31%, as it went up 0.15%. Industrials and Consumer Discretionary both saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Industrials with a drop of 4.35%.
- Utilities went up with a 0.15% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -1.26% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -1.63% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -2.30% change.
- Energy went down with a -2.93% change.
- Materials went down with a -3.08% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -3.14% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -3.86% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -3.91% change.
- Industrials went down with a -4.35% change.
- Financials went down with a -4.40% change.
Parsley Energy Inc Info
Parsley Energy, Inc., an independent oil and natural gas company, engages in the acquisition, development, production, exploration, and sale of crude oil and natural gas properties in the Permian Basin in West Texas and Southeastern New Mexico. As of December 31, 2017, its acreage position consisted of 219,747 net acres, including 174,392 net acres in the Midland Basin and 45,355 net acres in the Delaware Basin; and 241.0 net producing horizontal wells and 731.5 net producing vertical wells, as well an estimated proved oil and natural gas reserves were 416.4 MMBoe. The company was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Parsley Energy Inc’s score is 1.62) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.