Hydrogenics Corporation (Nasdaq:HYGS)
December 7th, 2018
Hydrogenics Corporation finished Thursday’s trading session down 6.82%, a $0.35 decrease to close on $4.78. As well as the drop in value, Hydrogenics Corporation hit a new 52 week low of $4.75, breaking the previous low of $4.95 from earlier this October. Despite the drop in value, trading volumes were solid at 237% of normal which can indicate investor opportunities. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be -7.75.
HYGS was outperformed by the rest of the Industrials sector which went down just 0.55%.
Expectations from 4 analysts indicates that Hydrogenics Corporation could grow significantly (45%), while Finbox has calculated (with very high uncertainty) a fair value price of $5.19.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Real Estate saw the biggest increase of the day (2.66%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (1.77%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 12%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector falling 12%.
Communication Services saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.28%, as it went up 1.04%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 2.33% trading down 0.10%.
- Real Estate went up with a 2.66% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 1.04% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.61% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.23% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.10% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.10% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.31% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.55% change.
- Materials went down with a -1.36% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.44% change.
- Energy went down with a -1.77% change.
Hydrogenics is based in Mississauga, Canada. Hydrogenics was founded in 1995.
Hydrogenics Corporation Info
Hydrogenics Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, designs, develops, and manufactures hydrogen generation products based on water electrolysis technology; and fuel cell products based on proton exchange membrane technology. It operates in two segments, OnSite Generation and Power Systems. The OnSite Generation segment develops products for industrial gas, hydrogen fueling, and renewable energy storage markets. It offers HySTAT fueling station that supply on-site hydrogen for various industrial applications. This segment sells its products to merchant gas companies and oil and gas companies. The Power Systems segment develops products for energy storage, stationary, and motive power applications. This segment offers HyPM platform for mobility applications; and Celerity and CelerityPlus solutions for medium and heavy duty buses and trucks. This segment sells its products to OEMs and other integrators, as well as to military, aerospace, and other early adopters of emerging technologies. The company markets its products through direct sales force and a network of distributors worldwide. It also provides engineering services. Hydrogenics Corporation was founded in 1988 and is headquartered in Mississauga, Canada.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Hydrogenics Corporation’s score is -7.75) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.