H&E Equipment Services, Inc. (Nasdaq:HEES)
December 6th, 2018
H&E Equipment Services, Inc. finished Thursday’s trading session down 3.79%, a $0.77 decrease to close on $19.54. As well as the drop in value, H&E Equipment Services, Inc. hit a new 52 week low of $19.17, breaking the previous low of $19.57 from earlier this July. H&E Equipment Services, Inc. swung 12.15% between low and high. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 1.31.
HEES was outperformed by the rest of the Industrials sector which went down only 0.55%.
Results from 6 analysts suggest that H&E Equipment Services, Inc. might increase significantly (68%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $21.11.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Real Estate saw the biggest increase of the day (2.66%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (1.77%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 12%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector dropping 12%.
Communication Services saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.28%, as it went up 1.04%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 2.33% trading down 0.10%.
- Real Estate went up with a 2.66% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 1.04% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.61% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.23% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.10% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.10% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.31% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.55% change.
- Materials went down with a -1.36% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.44% change.
- Energy went down with a -1.77% change.
H&E Equipment Services, Inc. Info
H&E Equipment Services, Inc. operates as an integrated equipment services company. The company rents, sells, and provides parts and support services for hi-lift or aerial work platform equipment, cranes, earthmoving equipment, and industrial lift trucks. It offers heavy construction and industrial equipment for rent on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. As of December 31, 2017, the company’s rental fleet consisted of 31,387 pieces of equipment. It also sells new and used equipment, as well as parts; and provides maintenance and repair services for the customers’ owned equipment. In addition, the company offers ancillary equipment support activities, including transportation, hauling, parts shipping, and loss damage waivers. H&E Equipment Services, Inc. provides its services to industrial and commercial companies, construction contractors, manufacturers, public utilities, municipalities, and maintenance contractors, as well as for other industrial accounts. As of February 15, 2018, it had a network of 83 full-service facilities serving approximately 39,600 customers across 22 states in the West Coast, Intermountain, Southwest, Gulf Coast, Southeast, and Mid-Atlantic regions of the United States. H&E Equipment Services, Inc. was founded in 1961 and is headquartered in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that H&E Equipment Services, Inc.’s score is 1.31) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.