Trinity Place Holdings Inc (NYSE:TPHS)
December 5th, 2018
Amidst falling markets Trinity Place Holdings Inc fell $0.15 Tuesday, a 3.04% drop, closing at $4.78. As well as the drop in value, Trinity Place Holdings Inc hit a new 52 week low of $4.65, breaking the previous low of $4.82 from earlier this July. Two technical ‘scores’ for stocks to be aware of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. TPHS scored rather low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is 0.39, and the Piotroski Score is 1).
TPHS was outperformed by the rest of the Real Estate sector which went down only 1.26%.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (0.15%), while Financials saw the biggest drop (4.40%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13%. The biggest loss this year has been the Communication Services sector dropping 13%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 2.31%, as it went up 0.15%. Industrials and Consumer Discretionary both saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Industrials with a drop of 4.35%.
- Utilities went up with a 0.15% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -1.26% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -1.63% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -2.30% change.
- Energy went down with a -2.93% change.
- Materials went down with a -3.08% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -3.14% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -3.86% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -3.91% change.
- Industrials went down with a -4.35% change.
- Financials went down with a -4.40% change.
Trinity Place Holdings Inc Info
Trinity Place Holdings Inc., a real estate holding, investment, and asset management company, primarily acquires, invests in, owns, manages, develops or redevelops, and sells real estate assets and/or real estate related securities in the United States. The company’s principal asset is located at 77 Greenwich Street in Lower Manhattan. It also owns other commercial real estate properties located in Paramus and Brooklyn, New York, as well as a retail strip center located in West Palm Beach, Florida. The company also controls various intellectual property assets focused on the consumer sector, including its online marketplace at FilenesBasement.com, its rights to the Stanley Blacker brand, as well as the intellectual property associated with the running of the Brides event. Trinity Place Holdings Inc. was founded in 1959 and is headquartered in New York, New York.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Trinity Place Holdings Inc’s score is 0.39) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Trinity Place Holdings Inc’s score is 1), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.