British American Tobacco PLC (NYSE:BTI)
December 7th, 2018
Amidst falling markets British American Tobacco PLC finished Friday’s trading session down 2.57%, a $0.89 decrease to close on $33.70. As well as the drop in value, British American Tobacco PLC hit a new 52 week low of $33.53, breaking the previous low of $34.01 from earlier this month. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.95.
BTI was outperformed by the rest of the Consumer Staples sector which went down only 1.29%.
Results from 2 analysts points to the possibility that British American Tobacco PLC could rise significantly (56%), while Finbox has calculated (with high uncertainty) a fair value price of $43.92.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (0.40%), while Information Technology saw the biggest drop (3.53%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 9.38%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector falling 15%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 2.89%, as it went up 0.40%. Real Estate saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 1.28% trading down 1.44%.
- Utilities went up with a 0.40% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.64% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -1.29% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -1.44% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.84% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -2.09% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -2.51% change.
- Materials went down with a -2.54% change.
- Industrials went down with a -2.62% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -3.08% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -3.53% change.
British American Tobacco is based in London. British American Tobacco was founded in 1902.
British American Tobacco PLC Info
British American Tobacco p.l.c. provides cigarettes and other tobacco products worldwide. It manufactures vapour and tobacco heating products; oral tobacco and nicotine products, such as snus and moist snuff; cigars; and e-cigarettes. The company offers its products under the Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall, Rothmans, Vogue, Viceroy, Kool, Peter Stuyvesant, Craven A, Benson & Hedges, John Player Gold Leaf, State Express 555, and Shuang Xi brands. The company sells its products to retail outlets. British American Tobacco p.l.c. was founded in 1902 and is headquartered in London, the United Kingdom.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that British American Tobacco PLC’s score is 0.95) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.