Pernix Therapeutics Holdings Inc (Nasdaq:PTX)
December 5th, 2018
Amidst falling markets Pernix Therapeutics Holdings Inc closed Tuesday up 41.63%, a $0.17 increase to close on $0.57. Despite ending the day higher, Pernix Therapeutics Holdings Inc hit a new 52 week low of $0.40, breaking the previous low of $0.40 from earlier this month. In addition to finishing higher, trading volumes were solid at 662% of normal which can indicate investors see opportunities. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be -3.87.
PTX outperformed the rest of the Healthcare sector which went down 2.30% today.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (0.15%), while Financials saw the biggest drop (4.40%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13%. The biggest loss this year has been the Communication Services sector dropping 13%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 2.31%, as it went up 0.15%. Industrials and Consumer Discretionary experienced turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Industrials with a drop of 4.35%.
- Utilities went up with a 0.15% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -1.26% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -1.63% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -2.30% change.
- Energy went down with a -2.93% change.
- Materials went down with a -3.08% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -3.14% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -3.86% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -3.91% change.
- Industrials went down with a -4.35% change.
- Financials went down with a -4.40% change.
Pernix Therapeutics Holdings is based in Morristown, United States of America. Pernix Therapeutics Holdings was founded in 1996.
Pernix Therapeutics Holdings Inc Info
Pernix Therapeutics Holdings, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, focuses on the acquisition, development, and commercialization of prescription drugs primarily for the United States market. It targets underserved therapeutic areas, such as central nervous system (CNS), including pain, neurology, and psychiatry. The company’s products comprise Zohydro ER with BeadTek, an opioid agonist indicated for the management of pain; Silenor, a non-narcotic, non-scheduled, and non-addictive prescription sleep aid for the treatment of insomnia characterized by difficulty with sleep maintenance; and Treximet, a fixed dose combination product indicated for the treatment of acute migraine. Pernix Therapeutics Holdings, Inc. markets and sells its non-core products, including generics through its wholly owned subsidiaries; and markets its non-promoted products through distributors and trade partners. It serves drug wholesalers, specialty pharmacies, retail drug stores, mass merchandisers, and grocery store pharmacies. Pernix Therapeutics Holdings, Inc. was founded in 1996 and is headquartered in Morristown, New Jersey.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Pernix Therapeutics Holdings Inc’s score is -3.87) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.