Celldex Therapeutics, Inc. (Nasdaq:CLDX)
December 7th, 2018
Amidst falling markets Celldex Therapeutics, Inc. fell $0.01 Friday, down 4.11%, closing at $0.26. Sadly, in addition to dropping CLDX ended up closing the day at a new 52 week low.As well as the drop in value, Celldex Therapeutics, Inc. hit a new 52 week low of $0.26. Two technical ‘scores’ for stocks to be wary of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. CLDX scored quite low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is -10.38, and the Piotroski Score is 2).
CLDX was outperformed by the rest of the Healthcare sector which went down just 2.51%.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (0.40%), while Information Technology saw the biggest drop (3.53%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 9.38%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector dropping 15%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 2.89%, as it went up 0.40%. Real Estate saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 1.28% trading down 1.44%.
- Utilities went up with a 0.40% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.64% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -1.29% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -1.44% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.84% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -2.09% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -2.51% change.
- Materials went down with a -2.54% change.
- Industrials went down with a -2.62% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -3.08% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -3.53% change.
Celldex Therapeutics, Inc. Info
Celldex Therapeutics, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of various immunotherapy technologies and other cancer-targeting biologics. Its drug candidates include glembatumumab vedotin, an antibody-drug that is in Phase IIb study for the treatment of triple negative breast cancer and a Phase II study for the treatment of metastatic melanoma; Varlilumab, an immune modulating antibody that is in a Phase 1 study designed to enhance a patient’s immune response against cancer; and CDX-3379, a human monoclonal antibody that is in Phase II study in combination with cetuximab for the treatment of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. The company also develops earlier stage drug candidates that are in clinical development, including CDX-014, an antibody-drug conjugate targeting renal and ovarian cancers; CDX-1140, a human monoclonal antibody; CDX-301, an immune cell mobilizing agent and dendritic cell growth factor; and CDX-1401, an immunotherapeutic aimed at antigen presenting cells for cancer indications. Celldex Therapeutics, Inc. has research collaboration and license agreements with Medarex, Inc.; Rockefeller University; University of Southampton; Amgen Inc.; Amgen Fremont; Seattle Genetics, Inc.; Yale University; and MedImmune, LLC. The company is headquartered in Hampton, New Jersey.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Celldex Therapeutics, Inc.’s score is -10.38) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Celldex Therapeutics, Inc.’s score is 2), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.