ContraFect Corp (Nasdaq:CFRX)
December 6th, 2018
ContraFect Corp fell $0.39 Thursday, a 15.79% decline, closing at $2.08. While the stock did drop today, remember that it is still trading at 145% of its 52 week low of $0.85. Despite the drop in value, trading volumes were solid at 379% of normal which can indicate investor opportunities. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be -4.06.
CFRX was outperformed by the rest of the Healthcare sector which went down just 0.31%.
Analysis results from 4 analysts indicates that ContraFect Corp could increase significantly (30%).
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Real Estate saw the biggest increase of the day (2.66%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (1.77%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13%. The biggest loss this year has been the Communication Services sector falling 13%.
Communication Services saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -0.23%, as it went up 1.04%. Energy and Materials both saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Energy with a drop of 1.77%.
- Real Estate went up with a 2.66% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 1.04% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.61% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.23% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.10% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.10% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.31% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.55% change.
- Materials went down with a -1.36% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.44% change.
- Energy went down with a -1.77% change.
ContraFect Corp Info
ContraFect Corporation, a clinical-stage biotechnology company, focuses on discovering and developing therapeutic protein and antibody products for the treatment of life-threatening infectious diseases in the United States. Its lead product candidates consist of CF-301, a lysin that is in Phase II human clinical trials for the treatment of Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia, including endocarditis caused by methicillin-resistant or methicillin-susceptible; and CF-404, a combination of monoclonal antibodies (mAbs), which is in preclinical trial stage for the treatment of life-threatening seasonal and pandemic varieties of human influenza. The company has a collaboration research agreement with The Rockefeller University to identify new lysin therapeutic candidates targeting Gram-negative bacteria; and license agreement with Trellis Bioscience LLC for mAbs in the field of influenza. ContraFect Corporation was founded in 2008 and is headquartered in Yonkers, New York.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that ContraFect Corp’s score is -4.06) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.