Cool Holdings Inc (Nasdaq:AWSM)
December 7th, 2018
Amidst falling markets Cool Holdings Inc finished Friday’s trading session down 11.59%, a $0.24 decrease to close on $1.83. As well as the drop in value, Cool Holdings Inc hit a new 52 week low of $1.80, breaking the previous low of $2.02 from earlier this month. Cool Holdings Inc bounced 16.67% between high and low. Despite the drop in value, trading volumes were solid at 211% of normal which can indicate investor opportunities. Be aware that the Piotroski Score1 is calculated to be 2, which is very low as the scale goes from 0-9. This is considered to be a weak score in terms of financial strength.
AWSM was outperformed by the rest of the Information Technology sector which went down just 3.53%.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (0.40%), while Information Technology saw the biggest drop (3.53%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 12%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector falling 12%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 2.33%, as it went up 0.40%. Real Estate saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 2.84% trading down 1.44%.
- Utilities went up with a 0.40% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.64% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -1.29% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -1.44% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.84% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -2.09% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -2.51% change.
- Materials went down with a -2.54% change.
- Industrials went down with a -2.62% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -3.08% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -3.53% change.
Cool Holdings Inc Info
As of March 12, 2018, InfoSonics Corporation was acquired by Cooltech Holding Corp., in a reverse merger transaction. InfoSonics Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, defines, sources, and sells wireless telecommunication products and accessories to wireless carriers, distributors, retailers, and OEMs primarily in Latin America, the Asia Pacific, Europe, Africa, and rest of the United States. It offers wireless handsets; tablets and accessories; and GSM Android-based smartphones and feature phones, and Android-based tablets. The company offers its products under the verykool brand name. InfoSonics Corporation was founded in 1994 and is headquartered in San Diego, California.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Cool Holdings Inc’s score is 2), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.