National American University Holdngs Inc (Nasdaq:NAUH)
December 5th, 2018
Amidst falling markets National American University Holdngs Inc fell $0.01 Tuesday, down 3.78%, closing at $0.33. As well as the drop in value, National American University Holdngs Inc hit a new 52 week low of $0.32. National American University Holdngs Inc swung 15.63% between high and low. Two technical ‘scores’ for stocks to be aware of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. NAUH scored quite low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is 0.49, and the Piotroski Score is 2). In addition to the stock finishing lower, the trading volumes were only 44% of normal which could be an indication of investor uncertainty.
NAUH outperformed the rest of the Consumer Discretionary sector which went down just 3.91% today.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (0.15%), while Financials saw the biggest drop (4.40%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13%. The biggest loss this year has been the Communication Services sector dropping 13%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 2.31%, as it went up 0.15%. Industrials and Consumer Discretionary both saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Industrials with a drop of 4.35%.
- Utilities went up with a 0.15% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -1.26% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -1.63% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -2.30% change.
- Energy went down with a -2.93% change.
- Materials went down with a -3.08% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -3.14% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -3.86% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -3.91% change.
- Industrials went down with a -4.35% change.
- Financials went down with a -4.40% change.
National American University Holdngs Inc Info
National American University Holdings, Inc. owns and operates National American University (NAU) that provides professional and technical postsecondary education primarily for working adults and other non-traditional students in the United States. It operates in two segments, NAU and Other. The company offers diploma, associate, baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral degree programs in business-related disciplines, such as accounting, management, business administration, and information technology; healthcare-related disciplines, including occupational therapy, medical assisting, nursing, surgical technology, and healthcare information and management; legal-related disciplines comprising paralegal, criminal justice, and professional legal studies; and higher education. It also provides courseware development, technical support, and online class hosting services to various colleges, technical schools, and training institutions in the United States and Canada. As of May 31, 2017, the company operated through 32 educational sites in Colorado, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Texas; and distance learning service centers and central administration offices in Rapid City, South Dakota, as well as through the Internet. In addition, it engages in the real estate business, which rents apartment units; and develops and sells condominium units in the Fairway Hills Planned Residential Development area of Rapid City, South Dakota. The company was founded in 1941 and is headquartered in Rapid City, South Dakota.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that National American University Holdngs Inc’s score is 0.49) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (National American University Holdngs Inc’s score is 2), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.