Multi-Color Corporation (Nasdaq:LABL)
December 7th, 2018
Multi-Color Corporation finished Thursday’s trading session down 0.61%, a $0.25 decrease to close on $40.45. As well as the drop in value, Multi-Color Corporation hit a new 52 week low of $39.60, breaking the previous low of $40.33 from earlier this month. Two technical ‘scores’ for companies to be wary of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. LABL scored quite low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is 1.13, and the Piotroski Score is 2). Despite the drop in value, trading volumes were solid at 245% of normal which can indicate investor opportunities.
LABL was outperformed by the rest of the Industrials sector which went down only 0.55%.
Analysis results from 4 analysts suggest that Multi-Color Corporation might increase significantly (39%), while Finbox has calculated (with low uncertainty) a fair value price of $47.19.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Real Estate saw the biggest increase of the day (2.66%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (1.77%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 12%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector falling 12%.
Communication Services saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.28%, as it went up 1.04%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 2.33% trading down 0.10%.
- Real Estate went up with a 2.66% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 1.04% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.61% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.23% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.10% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.10% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.31% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.55% change.
- Materials went down with a -1.36% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.44% change.
- Energy went down with a -1.77% change.
Multi-Color Corporation Info
Multi-Color Corporation provides various label solutions in the United States, Australia, Germany, and internationally. The company offers pressure sensitive labels; in-mold labels; heat transfer labels; cut and stack labels, such as peel-away promotional labels, thermochromics, holographics, and metalized films, as well as scratch-off coupons and static-clings; and roll fed labels. It also provides shrink sleeve and aluminum labels; graphics and pre-press services comprising the conversion of customer digital files and artwork into proofs, production of print layouts and printing plates, and product mock ups and samples for market research; and print methods, including rotogravure, lithographic, flexographic, and digital. The company serves producers of home and personal care, wine and spirit, food and beverage, healthcare, and specialty consumer products. Multi-Color Corporation was founded in 1916 and is headquartered in Batavia, Ohio.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Multi-Color Corporation’s score is 1.13) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Multi-Color Corporation’s score is 2), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.