Flotek Industries Inc (NYSE:FTK)
December 6th, 2018
Flotek Industries Inc closed the day up $0.03 Thursday which equals a 2.64% increase, closing at $1.36. Despite ending the day higher, Flotek Industries Inc hit a new 52 week low of $1.24, breaking the previous low of $1.31 from earlier this month. Flotek Industries Inc swung 12.90% between high and low. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.33.
FTK outperformed the rest of the Materials sector which went down 1.36% today.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Real Estate saw the biggest increase of the day (2.66%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (1.77%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 12%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector dropping 12%.
Communication Services saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -1.28%, as it went up 1.04%. Utilities saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 2.33% trading down 0.10%.
- Real Estate went up with a 2.66% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 1.04% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.61% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.23% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.10% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.10% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.31% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.55% change.
- Materials went down with a -1.36% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.44% change.
- Energy went down with a -1.77% change.
Flotek Industries Inc Info
Flotek Industries, Inc. develops and supplies chemistry and services to the oil and gas industries in the United States and internationally. It operates through two segments, Energy Chemistry Technologies; and Consumer and Industrial Chemistry Technologies. The Energy Chemistry Technologies segment is involved in the design, development, manufacture, packaging, and marketing of chemistries under the Complex nano-Fluid brand name for use in oil and gas well drilling, cementing, completion, stimulation, and production activities, as well as for use in enhanced and improved oil recovery markets. This segment also constructs and manages automated material handling facilities; and manages loading facilities and blending operations for oilfield service companies. The Consumer and Industrial Chemistry Technologies segment designs, develops, and manufactures citrus oils for food and beverage companies, fragrance companies, and companies providing household and industrial cleaning products. It serves oil and natural gas, oilfield service, pressure pumping service, international supply chain management, and cosmetic companies. Flotek Industries, Inc. is headquartered in Houston, Texas.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Flotek Industries Inc’s score is 0.33) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.