Aircastle Limited (NYSE:AYR)
December 6th, 2018
Aircastle Limited closed the day up $0.06 Thursday, a 0.33% increase, closing at $18.04. Despite ending the day higher, Aircastle Limited hit a new 52 week low of $17.54. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be 0.53.
AYR outperformed the rest of the Industrials sector which went down 0.55% today.
Analysis results from 12 analysts indicates that Aircastle Limited might grow significantly (34%), while Finbox has calculated (with medium uncertainty) a fair value price of $21.62.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Real Estate saw the biggest increase of the day (2.66%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (1.77%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13%. The biggest loss this year has been the Communication Services sector falling 13%.
Communication Services saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of -0.23%, as it went up 1.04%. Energy and Materials experienced turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Energy with a drop of 1.77%.
- Real Estate went up with a 2.66% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 1.04% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.61% change.
- Information Technology went up with a 0.23% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.10% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -0.10% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -0.31% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.55% change.
- Materials went down with a -1.36% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.44% change.
- Energy went down with a -1.77% change.
Aircastle is based in Stamford. Aircastle was founded in 2005.
Aircastle Limited Info
Aircastle Limited, through its subsidiaries, leases, finances, sells, and manages commercial flight equipment to airlines worldwide. The company also invests in other aviation assets. As of December 31, 2017, its aircraft portfolio comprised 236 aircraft leased to 81 lessees located in 43 countries. Aircastle Limited was founded in 2004 and is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Aircastle Limited’s score is 0.53) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.