Savara Inc (NYSE:SVRA)
December 5th, 2018
Amidst falling markets Savara Inc fell $0.65 Tuesday which equals a 7.15% drop, closing at $8.44. As well as the drop in value, Savara Inc hit a new 52 week low of $8.38, breaking the previous low of $8.49 from earlier this July. Despite the drop in value, trading volumes were solid at 228% of normal which can indicate investor opportunities. Be aware that the Piotroski Score1 is calculated to be 2, which is very low as the scale goes from 0-9. This is considered to be a weak score in terms of financial strength.
SVRA was outperformed by the rest of the Healthcare sector which went down just 2.30%.
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (0.15%), while Financials saw the biggest drop (4.40%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13%. The biggest loss this year has been the Communication Services sector falling 13%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 2.31%, as it went up 0.15%. Industrials and Consumer Discretionary both saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Industrials with a drop of 4.35%.
- Utilities went up with a 0.15% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -1.26% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -1.63% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -2.30% change.
- Energy went down with a -2.93% change.
- Materials went down with a -3.08% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -3.14% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -3.86% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -3.91% change.
- Industrials went down with a -4.35% change.
- Financials went down with a -4.40% change.
Savara Inc Info
As of April 27, 2017, Mast Therapeutics, Inc. was acquired by Savara Inc., in a reverse merger transaction. Mast Therapeutics, Inc., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, develops therapies for serious or life-threatening diseases with significant unmet needs. Its lead product candidate is AIR001, a sodium nitrite solution for inhalation through nebulization, which is in Phase II clinical stage for the treatment of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction, as well as in Phase I/II study in patients with cystic fibrosis. The company was formerly known as ADVENTRX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and changed its name to Mast Therapeutics, Inc. in March 2013. Mast Therapeutics, Inc. was founded in 1995 and is headquartered in San Diego, California.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Savara Inc’s score is 2), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.