Marin Software Inc (NYSE:MRIN)
December 5th, 2018
Amidst falling markets Marin Software Inc closed the day up $0.44 Tuesday, a 17.32% jump, closing at $2.98. Two technical ‘scores’ for stocks to be aware of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. MRIN scored rather low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is -4.96, and the Piotroski Score is 1). While it is positive news the stock ended higher, the trading volumes were only 14% of normal which could be an indication of investor uncertainty.
MRIN outperformed the rest of the Information Technology sector which went down 3.86% today.
Results from 1 analyst points to the possibility that Marin Software Inc might fall somewhat (-21%).
The market sectors were mixed Wednesday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (0.15%), while Financials saw the biggest drop (4.40%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13%. The biggest loss this year has been the Communication Services sector falling 13%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 2.31%, as it went up 0.15%. Industrials and Consumer Discretionary experienced turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Industrials with a drop of 4.35%.
- Utilities went up with a 0.15% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -1.26% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -1.63% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -2.30% change.
- Energy went down with a -2.93% change.
- Materials went down with a -3.08% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -3.14% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -3.86% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -3.91% change.
- Industrials went down with a -4.35% change.
- Financials went down with a -4.40% change.
Marin Software Inc Info
Marin Software Incorporated operates a cross-channel, cross-device, enterprise marketing software platform in the United States and internationally. Its platform allows marketing professionals to manage their digital advertising spend across search, social, and display advertising channels. The company’s platform consists of various modules, including Optimization module that helps advertisers to manage bids across publishers to meet revenue goals and identify opportunities for campaign improvements; Reporting and Analytics module that enables advertisers to report results at a business level and analyze cross-channel performance trends; Campaign Management module, which provides the digital advertiser with an interface to create, manage, and optimize campaigns across various publishers; and Connect module that enables advertisers to automate and streamline the capture of revenue, cost, and audience data from a range of sources, such as advertisement servers, analytics systems, CRM platforms, publishers, and third party databases. It also provides Marin Enterprise that provides digital advertisers to manage large-scale advertising campaigns; Marin Professional that is designed for rapid deployment and offers customers a workflow, analysis, and optimization solution for managing digital advertising; and Perfect Audience for rapid deployment, as well as to implement and optimize campaigns across various networks and across devices. The company markets and sells its solutions to advertisers directly and through advertising agencies that use its platform on behalf of their customers. Marin Software Incorporated was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Marin Software Inc’s score is -4.96) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Marin Software Inc’s score is 1), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.