Aspen Aerogels Inc (NYSE:ASPN)
December 7th, 2018
Amidst falling markets Aspen Aerogels Inc went up $0.11 Friday, up 4.00%, closing at $2.86. Despite ending the day higher, Aspen Aerogels Inc hit a new 52 week low of $2.66. In addition to finishing higher, trading volumes were solid at 319% of normal which can indicate investors see opportunities. Be aware that the Altman Z-Score1 (An indicator of the probability for a 2-year bankruptcy) is below the recommended threshold of 1.8%, and calculated to be -3.52.
ASPN outperformed the rest of the Energy sector which went down 0.64% today.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (0.40%), while Information Technology saw the biggest drop (3.53%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 12%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector dropping 12%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 2.33%, as it went up 0.40%. Real Estate saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 2.84% trading down 1.44%.
- Utilities went up with a 0.40% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.64% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -1.29% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -1.44% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.84% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -2.09% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -2.51% change.
- Materials went down with a -2.54% change.
- Industrials went down with a -2.62% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -3.08% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -3.53% change.
Aspen Aerogels Inc Info
Aspen Aerogels, Inc., an aerogel technology company, designs, develops, manufactures, and sells aerogel insulation products primarily for use in the energy infrastructure and building materials markets worldwide. The company provides Pyrogel XT-E that reduces the risk of corrosion under insulation in energy infrastructure operating systems; Pyrogel HPS for applications within the power generation market with operating temperatures greater than 400 C; Pyrogel XTF to provide strong protection against fire; Cryogel Z for sub-ambient and cryogenic applications in the energy infrastructure market; and Spaceloft Subsea for use in pipe-in-pipe applications in offshore oil production. It also offers Spaceloft Grey for use in the building materials market; and Cryogel X201, which is used in designing cold systems, such as refrigerated appliances, cold storage equipment, and aerospace systems. In addition, the company provides contract research services for the Department of Defense, the Department of Energy, and other institutions. Aspen Aerogels, Inc. was founded in 2001 and is headquartered in Northborough, Massachusetts.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Aspen Aerogels Inc’s score is -3.52) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.