Aradigm Corporation (Nasdaq:ARDM)
December 7th, 2018
Amidst falling markets Aradigm Corporation fell $0.08 Friday, down 13.06%, closing at $0.54. Aradigm Corporation bounced 34.00% between low and high. As well as the drop in value, Aradigm Corporation hit a new 52 week low of $0.50, breaking the previous low of $0.60 from earlier this month. Two technical ‘scores’ for companies to be aware of are the Altman Z1 and the Piotroski2 scores. ARDM scored quite low for both, which could be indicators of trouble down the road (the Altman Z-Score is -219.37, and the Piotroski Score is 2).
ARDM was outperformed by the rest of the Healthcare sector which went down only 2.52%.
The market sectors were mixed Friday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Utilities saw the biggest increase of the day (0.40%), while Information Technology saw the biggest drop (3.53%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 12%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector dropping 12%.
Utilities saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 2.33%, as it went up 0.40%. Real Estate saw a turn around from its 5-day performance of 2.84% trading down 1.44%.
- Utilities went up with a 0.40% change.
- Energy went down with a -0.65% change.
- Consumer Staples went down with a -1.29% change.
- Real Estate went down with a -1.44% change.
- Financials went down with a -1.84% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -2.09% change.
- Healthcare went down with a -2.52% change.
- Materials went down with a -2.53% change.
- Industrials went down with a -2.62% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -3.08% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -3.53% change.
Aradigm Corporation Info
Aradigm Corporation, a specialty pharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of products for the treatment and prevention of severe respiratory diseases. Its lead development candidates are proprietary formulations of the potent antibiotic ciprofloxacin, including Linhaliq and Lipoquin that are delivered by inhalation for the management of infections associated with severe respiratory diseases, including non-cystic fibrosis bronchiectasis, cystic fibrosis, and non-tuberculosis mycobacterium. The company is also developing inhaled ciprofloxacin formulations for treatment of patients with cystic fibrosis, and has tested for the prevention and treatment of inhaled bioterrorism infections, such as Coxiella burnetii or Q fever, inhalation anthrax, tularemia, melioidosis and pneumonic plague. Aradigm Corporation has collaboration agreements with Grifols, S.A. The company was founded in 1991 and is headquartered in Hayward, California.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Altman Z-Score calculation was first published in 1968 by Edward I. Altman, and is used for predicting the probability that a firm will go into bankruptcy within two years. An Altman Z-Score below 1.8 (Remember that Aradigm Corporation’s score is -219.37) is the trigger to be alert for this situation. Some analysts believe this score is less relevant for some companies, in particular companies operating to accumulate users that may run at huge losses to scale up.
(2) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Aradigm Corporation’s score is 2), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.