Melinta Therapeutics Inc (Nasdaq:MLNT)
November 29th, 2018
Amidst falling markets Melinta Therapeutics Inc closed Thursday up 1.30%, a $0.03 increase to close on $2.33. Despite ending the day higher, Melinta Therapeutics Inc hit a new 52 week low of $2.23, breaking the previous low of $2.25 from earlier this July. Melinta Therapeutics Inc swung 8.07% between low and high. Be aware that the Piotroski Score1 is calculated to be 0, which is very low as the scale goes from 0-9. This is considered to be a weak score in terms of financial strength.
MLNT outperformed the rest of the Healthcare sector which went up 0.30% today.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending up. Energy saw the biggest increase of the day (0.59%), while Information Technology saw the biggest drop (0.95%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13%. The biggest loss this year has been the Materials sector declining 11%.
Energy saw the biggest turnaround from its 5-day performance of 1.36%, as it went up 0.59%. Information Technology and Financials experienced turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Information Technology with a drop of 0.95%.
- Energy went up with a 0.59% change.
- Materials went up with a 0.55% change.
- Communication Services went up with a 0.36% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.30% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.08% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.03% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.02% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.15% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went down with a -0.43% change.
- Financials went down with a -0.82% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -0.95% change.
Melinta Therapeutics Inc Info
As of November 3, 2017, Cempra, Inc. was acquired by Melinta Therapeutics, Inc., in a reverse merger transaction. Cempra, Inc., a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company, focuses on developing anti-infectives for the acute care and community settings to meet critical medical needs in the treatment of infectious diseases in North America. Its lead product candidate is solithromycin, which is in Phase III clinical trials developed in oral capsules, intravenous, and suspension formulations for the treatment of community-acquired bacterial pneumonia in adults and children, as well as for ophthalmic infections and other indications. The company is also developing fusidic acid, an antibiotic, which is in Phase III clinical trials for the treatment of acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections. In addition, it is developing other uses for solithromycin and fusidic acid, as well as analogs from its macrolide platform for non-infectious disease programs; and macrolides for treating diabetic gastroparesis and gastroesophageal reflux disease. It has a collaborative research and development and license agreement with Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. The company was formerly known as Cempra Holdings, LLC and changed its name to Cempra, Inc. in February 2012. Cempra, Inc. was founded in 2005 and is headquartered in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
All amounts in USD unless otherwise indicated
(1) The Piotrosky score is used to determine the best value stocks with nine being the best and zero being the worst. It is based on specific aspects of the company’s financial statements, such as positive net income, operating cash flow and asset turnover ratio. A score 0 0 is the worst (Melinta Therapeutics Inc’s score is 0), and 9 is the best.
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US Tribune News. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site. MG does not guarantee the accuracy of the article.