Indices stable, with DOW up 10.92 points
DOW closed trading at 26191.22, up 0.04%, while S&P 500 Index traded lower, down 0.25%, ending the day at 2806.83. Meanwhile, NASDAQ went down 0.53% finishing at 7530.89.
The market sectors were mixed Thursday with a majority of the sectors trending down. Financials saw the biggest increase of the day (0.32%), while Energy saw the biggest drop (2.20%). Healthcare has seen the biggest year-to-date gain at 13%. The biggest loss this year has been the Communication Services sector declining 7.75%.
Energy and Communication Services saw turn arounds from their five day positive performance, Energy with a drop of 2.20%.
- Financials went up with a 0.32% change.
- Real Estate went up with a 0.11% change.
- Consumer Discretionary went up with a 0.04% change.
- Consumer Staples went up with a 0.02% change.
- Healthcare went up with a 0.02% change.
- Information Technology went down with a -0.20% change.
- Industrials went down with a -0.25% change.
- Utilities went down with a -0.26% change.
- Materials went down with a -0.54% change.
- Communication Services went down with a -0.93% change.
- Energy went down with a -2.20% change.
Stocks that hit their 52 week high today
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (WBA) ended the day at $82.44
- Mcdonald’s Corp (MCD) ended the day at $185.48
- Merck & Co., Inc. (MRK) ended the day at $75.48
- UnitedHealth Group Inc (UNH) ended the day at $276.65
Media Gazelle Inc (MG), a Nevada Corporation, owns and operates the online brand US News Tribune. MG does not offer financial advise, and is not a registered broker/dealer/analyst/adviser, holds no investment licenses, and may not sell, offer to sell or offer to buy any security. MG’s market updates, news are not a solicitation or recommendation to buy, sell or hold securities. MG shall not be held liable for any investment losses you may incur by using the information provided, this includes you trading the stocks mentioned on our sites. We recommend you talk to a financial adviser before trading any securities or taking any action based upon information on this site.